Sorry for my absence

So, its been a while since I posted anything here on Eating Across Kansas. This summer was adventurous, engaging, interesting, and depressing all at once. I got the opportunity to do some great things like visit Chicago, work on a political campaign, and travel to Panama.

I also came to the realization that when I quit my job in April, I had no clue what I was doing, and spending 6 months watching videos on Netflix, traveling randomly and generally doing nothing got me no closer to figuring out what I want to do with my life. It did, however, get me a lot closer to broke. This summer I also realized that depression doesn't magically disappear when you get rid of a stressful part of your life. Other things begin to fill that void, and depression can suck you into it very easily. Although I've struggled this summer, I do feel like I am generally happier than I was before.

I am currently in the job search phase, trying to find something just to help pay the bills. I am quickly realizing that working for minimum wage or a little more is going to be a significant life change. These past few months I have continued to lead my life more or less as I was before I quit my job. I made a few cutbacks here and there, but I kept to generally the same standard of living. I am now facing the harsh reality that my money is running out and whatever job I get in the near term will not allow me the luxuries I am accustomed to having. I cannot eat out in restaurants like I used to. I can't drive off to Wichita whenever I want. I can't just go kill an afternoon at Target and buy shit I don't need because I don't feel like dealing with the shit that has piled up around the house.

A couple of weeks ago I started a new blog: Amy Eating Healthy. During my travels this summer, I was overwhelmed by how heavy I have gotten. It is to the point that I do not fit comfortably in airline or bus seats. I am so out of shape that walking the neighborhoods of Chicago or the uphill inclines in the mountains of Panama made me miserable. My weight is something I have always struggled with, but this was the first time it really interfered with my ability to enjoy life. I have made a committment to eat healthier and lose weight so that I can do the things I want to do and be the person I want to be.

I will continue to post here at Eating Across Kansas, however the posts will probably be fairly infrequent...a few a month, perhaps? I am dedicated to updating Amy Eating Healthy on a near-daily basis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Healthy Across Kansas

Culinary confessions

Cold weather means Casseroles